CappuccinoandArtJournal

Mostly postal but art and other things of interest too.
Come and visit.

Monday, November 19, 2018

Let's Give Thanks

Thanksgiving is only days away (here in the USA). I think it is my favorite holiday. No gifts, low-key and pie! I mean, really, what's not to like?
Like I said...pie.
What is your favorite kind? I think the holiday also makes us think about loved ones who we have with us and whose who are gone. My beloved mother-in-law taught me how to make pie crust and pies many years ago, After we lost her, I made many an apple pie for my father-in-law who loved apple pie. (He was the 102 year old fire fighter many of you know about).
So, I can't make a pie without thinking of those two.

I made a Thanksgiving altered book this year....and a matching one for my niece, whom I'm spending the holiday with. I think it will be a nice souvenir of our visit.



I used a bunch of old papers for a lot of the pages....and we will add photos and menus and ephemera from the holiday weekend. Looking forward to a little art time after all the eating.
And a nice long walk too.



Don't you wonder what these two girls did for Thanksgiving back in the day? I wonder how many they got to celebrate.
I invited them along to my celebration this year.

Some French pumpkins to add a little international color. But I doubt you could find a turkey in France! OK, maybe a small one...


This page makes me think of my wonderful mom,. Every Thanksgiving she would set out a bowl of walnuts on the coffee table in the living room where they would sit and get dusty and mostly ignored. I have to do the very same thing myself now....(yes, they still get ignored and dusty...)

So, I am hoping all of you out there who celebrate have a lovely day. Be sure to have some pie and think about your loved ones and what you are thankful for.
I'm sure we all have many things to appreciate and be grateful for and celebrate.
How do you all celebrate?
Do you BBQ a turkey? Go to a movie and get Chinese food? Celebrate with a few or many? Go for a walk on the beach and eat crab? 
I'd love to hear.

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Pamela, and to our lucky niece.;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family and I went to Homosassa Springs and finally got to see manatees. There were a lot of other animals there too. It was a nice day. It sounds like you had a nice day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great journal! I love it! Do you use the original old papers and what is your backing for them?
    I had to lol about the walnuts! We did the same And I do the same! Although the grandkids love cracking them and trying out to see if they really like them! heehee
    I love your artwork! Hope your Thanksgiving was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops - I forgot to answer -- I use all originals. I like old paper and no reproductions. Happy holidays to you Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your book pages, even without photos and menus on them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margarete....I got the photos printed but haven't managed to stick them in the book yet....

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...