CappuccinoandArtJournal

Mostly postal but art and other things of interest too.
Come and visit.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Bless Your Heart, y'all........

After Boston we flew to Richmond (Virginia) and first thing we did was head to Sally Bell's for a boxed lunch.
These are the greatest -- a deviled egg all wrapped up in wax paper, macaroni salad, a cheese wafer  and a sandwich of your choice -- and a fabulous cupcake -- all for $8.85.

The dogwoods were in bloom every where we looked.

Now I know I'm not in San Francisco any more.....

If only I was driving home......

What we did mostly was eat southern food.......so amazingly good.
This is The Boat House, set right on a river.
 (I'm the one in the green)

And why did I not know about pimento cheese? To die for!
This is lunch at the Shirley Vineyards and it is highly recommended by me if you are ever in the area.
The food was amazing.

Supermarket browsing.....

Saucy's BBQ. in Petersburg.
Need I say more? You gotta go.

Antique shopping was fun too -- I bet you can guess which one of these things I did buy and bring home with me.

We were running around so much and hanging out with the fam I had almost no time to work on my travel journal. But, I shoved all my travel ephemera in between the pages and I have finished it since I've been back home in SF.
It's fat and happy -- kind of like I felt when I got home. The food in SF is a little less fattening....
but when in Rome (or Virginia).....

So, I am back to making stuff again. Catching up on mail. 
What are you'll doing? I missed you.

SEND GOOD MAIL -- GET GOOD MAIL!!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful Pamela, thanks for taking me along.
    I bet that red mailbox looks great at your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacki -- the red PO box is still wrapped in brown paper -- I won't open it till I clean up my studio. But it sure is going to look cute.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you'd never had pimento cheese before. I live in a "northern" state and I've eaten it all my life.

    I can tell you really enjoyed the trip to Richmond. And I can tell you loved the food, too. But I KNOW you loved that little red mailbox you found at the antique market.

    Now that you are home, I look forward to seeing your latest travel journal soon. That is, after you get back to eating SF food (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no pimento cheese -- but now I know! It will be the party cheese......I really did like Richmond and Petersburg...lovely places and fabulous food. I did finish the travel journal too.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had an enjoyable trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that cute little red mailbox that made it home with you! 👏📮 I enjoyed the unveiling of "your photo". You are so cute! I also loved the food cultural adventure travels. Now I have a taste for sweet tea and pecan pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vikki -- lol....I hate photos of myself but that one sneaked through....yes, let's meet up for sweet tea and pie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that mailbox. What a find. I love pimento cheese too it's wonderful on a fried green tomato.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...