CappuccinoandArtJournal

Mostly postal but art and other things of interest too.
Come and visit.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

High Temperature Equals Lull in Mail Art

OUTGOING Origami Booklet
Maybe Kelly P has gotten this already...this was a fun booklet to make
and fill with a letter and a few surprises.

OUTGOING ALICE Envelope
This time to someone other than Alice!

OUTGOING Origami booklet with many pages
for Planet Susannia in Germany

I hope she enjoys all the pages inside

Here's a look at one but I don't want to spoil the surprise and show all the pages.

OUTGOING collaged postcards....

It is a good thing I did all this BEFORE the 90" heat hit the usually cool grey city of San Francisco.
It sure isn't cool now and we are not amused.

FREE APPLES in my studio today..
My very prolific and organic apple tree is giving me more apples than i can use up.
I guess I could stick a stamp on a few and mail them off
but instead I gave bags of them to my friends who visited my studio today.
You know who you are!

LUNCH

It's never too hot for lunch -- this was Saturday's lunch -- but there was lunch today with the above-mentioned friends too.

Come in to my back room in my studio....and just sit for a while....it is way too hot to do anything else....

....except maybe sort a few stamps while drinking something cold...

or maybe work half-heartedly on my travel art kit for the upcoming trip....

Trust me -- it is way too hot in SF. I think I will just kick back and think about FOG.
But I have sent a lot of mail out and as soon as it cools off I'll get busy again..

In the meantime -- I love hearing from all of you.
How about some cool comments?


PS--It was 98!!!!

UPDATE: back to 64" and I'm back to mailart. And here is a link to
Planet Susannia
showing the fabulous NYC origami booklet she made from my tutorial.  And here are the pages inside her origami booklet I love her work.
For those who asked -- GinaVisione and Texas Leigh -- put Origami Booklet into the search box on the left  and you'll see OK YOU ASKED -- my tutorial on how to make them.
And have fun!
                                                                           

31 comments:

  1. I think we stole your fog in DC tonight. I haven't been able to see more than halfway down the block since this afternoon. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw on the news it was 90 degrees in SF yesterday! For the first day of October!!! So crazy! It sounds like it will be cooling down soon though, so that's good news :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I my Goddess, Pamela!!! It´s wonderfuuul...!
    Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susannia -- oh you saw it! I hope it arrives very soon and you enjoy it. I love the book you made for me.

      Delete
  4. Stunningly beautiful origami booklet.
    Wow, 98 degrees. That is a little too hot. I'll happily take 90 though. looks like it's quite a bit cooler today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd take 90? really? I am miserable at 80.....I know, I know....I am used to fog...
      Thanks for the comment on the origami booklet too.

      Delete
  5. Well, its already snowed here in AK.... :) Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It already snowed????? Amazing. I'll take that. Thankfully the fog is rolling in and my whining will stop....and the mail-art will start.
      Thanks for commenting, Juliana.

      Delete
    2. Yes...it has.. but fortunately it's melted. But it will be back before we know it. I'll take the cold any day! There's only so many clothes you can take off! I've been a lurker for a while, so I thought I'd finally comment. Love your stuff and your posts! :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much, Juliana. Appreciate the comment. I see the stats and I know hundreds of folks are looking but it's the comments that keep me going... I totally agree -- I love the cold and adding sweaters, layers, scarves.....I was so miserable yesterday I couldn't believe it. AndSan Francisco is not known for hot weather.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous post, as usual Pamela. I know you will have NO problem with a one-on-one origami wallet session, seeing those booklets!! Maybe you'd be willing to show me how to make those on some magical origami making play date:)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginavisione -- you can get a head start -- see my reply below -- I have an online tutorial on how to make the origami booklets.

      Delete
  7. Pamela, lovely post, but 98 isn't so bad (I'm a Houstonian).
    I searched and searched your blog and I can't find your wonderful tutorial on how to make the origami booklet. Can you reply with the link? I have a good friend for whom I want to make the booklet.
    I love your city, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 98 isn't bad? We are back to 64 so I am happy.
      If you put Origami Booklet into the search box on the left sidebar you will see a few posts about them -- And one says OK You Asked and it is the origami booklet tutorial. Another post shows several of them that people made and sent to me. Have fun. They are really fun to make.

      Delete
  8. I just added a link at the bottom of the blog showing Planet Susannia's (Germany) NYC origami booklet so check it out! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luscious outgoing mail...AS USUAL! Your booklets are such fun eye candy. Your sitting room looks so nice and cool! A great retreat from the heat. (It's been a little sticky around here too. Last year, in contrast, we had snow on Halloween! Crazy weather.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andria -- I know! I was in Boston/NH last year when that freak snowstorm hit -- and I was freaked out and totally unprepared.
      Thanks for your comment. It is cool here now again and I am happy.

      Delete
  10. glad to hear you are back to your normal chilly fog. 98 degrees is just plain wrong! and too many apples seems like a good problem to have. is there pie????

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the origami booklet! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you -- those origami booklets are such fun to make and to send and to receive. I have a lot of fun with them. have you tried making one?

      Delete
  12. Hello, I like the origami envelope and would love to learn how to make them; however I can not find your turorial. I type origami booklet in the search bar (next to the "B") but can not find it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dinglearm - I don't know what to tell you - I put in origami booklet and there it is - forth on the list, a post called "Ok--You asked! (A Booklet Making Tutorial).

      Delete
  13. I found it. For some reason, the fourth post would not show up. I searched on OK You asked" and it came up second.

    Thank you very much.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard -- glad to hear you found it. Let me know how your turns out. Do you have a theme for it?
      Pamela

      Delete
  14. Thanks (Again) for the tutorial! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...