CappuccinoandArtJournal

Mostly postal but art and other things of interest too.
Come and visit.

Monday, September 17, 2018

When Can I Go Back?

All I can say is, if you like mail art, go to Portland.
I had way too much fun and I am dreaming of my next trip to PDX.
Letter Writing Social at Noun.
Champagne, cupcakes, mail art pals, rubber stamps. What's not to love?
And a late night happy hour at Nostrana afterwards.
See anyone you know?

The gang's all here!
(Maybe you better a cappuccino because this is a long post)

PDX Scrap
It wouldn't be a trip to PDX without a trip to Scrap. In fact, there were TWO trips to Scrap.
I scored some great rubber stamps, including those bird stamps.
It's Portland -- Put A Bird on It!!

Another tradition is a day at Uptown Stamp Show picking out fabulous 10-cent postage stamps from all over the world and 25-cent well-traveled envelopes. I found a bunch of vintage Berlin envelopes/stamps for my next travel journal.
(BIG thank you to Niko!)

Coffee and coffee shops abound in PDX....and, well, my blog does have cappuccino in the name...
There was an entitie isle of coffees at the New Seasons Market near my AirBnB.

POK POK
Yes, it is as good as they say. And want to avoid the wait? Just get it to-go!

My PDX peeps kept me RUNNING but I did manage to squeeze in some time to tear up a few things.....I am working on my PDX travel journal now that I am back home.

And......I invited myself over to Michelle Geller's beautiful studio. I hope you follow her Instagram 
feed @HoldDear.
SWOON.

Michelle's studio was wonderful but I was really going crazy looking at her incredible handmade altered books. So much inspiration and beauty.

Lunch at Michelle's. That cake!

TRINKET
Yes, I am still eating. And, isn't Trinket the cutest name? Put this one on your not-touristry list.
(IT pays to be pals with the locals)

OF COURSE we had to cram ourselves into the photo booth at CARGO. (You will want to go there too). I love how crazed we look......but then...we are kinda crazed....

SMITH TEA
This was a lovely afternoon spent  drinking tea, writing the FREE postcards at Smith Tea and dropping them into the white mailbox -- the nice folks at Smith Tea put a stamp on them and mail them for free. Can you believe it?
And I loved the trains roaring by as we wrote...

Lunch at Noraneko

I got a nice AirBnB and was really comfortable. I stayed home one night with Thai take-out and relaxed....(and gave my pals a break too)

Wonderful lunch at Maurice

Lunch at Vivienne -- a Breakfast salad -- TOO yummy!

The Hollywood Farmers Market
There is a Hollywood in PDX -- who knew?And a wonderful farmers market.

All the comforts of home.....

I brought little booklets for all my pals....you can't go empty handed...
(you all know how to make these?)

Flying into SFO
My flight home only had 47 people on it - we each got our own row! And I saw the most wonderful views flying into SFO. That green in the lower right is Golden Gate Park. So cool.

BIG BIG thank you to my wonderful PDX Pals -- Karen, Polly, JJ, Michelle, Dre, Sugene, Tammy, Niko, Cori
And, if you are going to Portland, here's your list of fun things to do!

Now, I've got to go work on my PDX book.
See you!
SEND GOOD MAIL  GET GOOD MAIL

14 comments:

  1. What a fun post. I want to eat where you ate. Did you do anything besides eat and eat and shop and eat? OK, I know that isn't exactly true, but I fell in love with all your photos, Michelle's studio, and all that food. What a fun time you must have had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post Pamela. A visual treat as always. Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a really great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feast for they eyes, feast for the tummy! Looks like a fun time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great time! So much to see and do, and eat! Breakfast salad?!? I love eggs, though, so that would work for me too ;-) And I love how you all got into the photobooth for some pics. That's when you know you're with some great people :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margarete -- Next time you need to squeeze into the PhotoBooth! And that Breakfast salad was amazing -- it had an egg and bacon too! My pals know all the good places and now I do too......

      Delete
  6. OMGosh!! Where to begin! What is PDX Scrap and how is it open to the public?? Where is it located and was the air B&B close to it? Did you meet all of those gals online or have you been friends forever? Who is Michelle Gellar and WOW ! That Studio...were you just overwhelmed? What were those delicious foods and did you gain any weight? So, by now you are thinking...either a. slow down or b. this chick is a nut ! LOL

    Obviously I haven't been around your blog long enough to know more about you and your adventures, but I have to say, after reading your posts Pamela, I feel like I am well traveled! Thank you so much for bringing us along!
    Those stamps you scored are beautiful and your photos were fabulous- thank you!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW right back at you -- so glad you enjoyed the post and feel a little Portland love. Scrap PDX (and Scrap SF) are Centers for Creative Re-Use and wonderful places. They are both open to the public and I have found amazing things in both of them. The AirBnB wasn't real close to Scrap PDX but my friends drove me. But they have a great transit system too. I've had my PDX pals for a few years now but it feels like forever. Michelle Geller is HoldDear on IG and an avid collector of Dennsion labels etc but she also makes the most amazingly beautiful journals and altered books and she is teaching a workshop I wish I was going to in October....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...