CappuccinoandArtJournal

Mostly postal but art and other things of interest too.
Come and visit.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

With A Little Help From My Friends....

Happy 2018!!
I really do hope your new year is starting off better than mine.....my sweetie got the flu,  my very old car died and went to car heaven, some personal family issues......not the best start to year.
But - I had fun on Sunday at the first Mail Art Meet-Up of the New Year.
We get by with a little help from our friends, right?

We came, we stamped, we talked, we made things....
(and thanks to Margarete for bringing the cool vintage USPS stamps to play with).



Just being around busy hands and a creative mess cheers me up.

We played with lots of postage stamps thanks to Margarete and Brianna.....


We made Valentine cards.



We pawed over the well stocked swap table.

I had my eye on Barb's postal pouch....

We made cards....

These are some that I made....

We got our artistamp passports stamped (thanks JU)

No idle hands here...everyone was making something.

Here's a blank card for YOU. What would you like to make?

If you are thinking of starting up a mail art group ( NYC peeps I'm talking to you!) I say get busy and do it! It is wonderful to share supplies and inspiration with like minded people.
Now, I'm just hoping my 2018 starts improving. 
Fingers crossed.

How is your new year so far?

SEND GOOD MAIL -- GET GOOD MAIL


22 comments:

  1. Great! Wishing you a better, healthy, happy 2018 that improves daily - "squared"! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry your year isn't starting too well. I've had some major problems, too, but at least I didn't have a car that died. And although I've been sick, I am quite sure it was NOT the flu. I sincerely hope your 2018 starts looking up now that you had a day with like minded artists. Oh, to find others like that! If only.

    I really love all your photos, and all those wonderful postage stamps. It all looks great and I simply adore the cards you made. Everything looks so beautiful and I'm really inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Elizabeth -- I am so glad you enjoyed the post and photos. Hope you are feeling better. I wish you could find a mail art tribe there in KS to hang out with. My car got donated......lol....now I am carless for a while but luckily SF has public transit.

      Delete
  3. Looks like it was a fun time. I'm working on something to send you 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see another blog post! Hope 2018 will only get better for you from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That meeting looks so cool to me! Happy 2018 for you and yours from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina -- and happy new year to you too. Hope it is a good mail year!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Creative Year! It looks like a fab mail art time. So many yummy stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A creative new year -- yes! And I loved all the stamps -- both postage and rubber.

      Delete
  7. I just read your comment on my China Inn Chinese food post. I have never been to SF, but have been to Chinatown in LA. This is all "Americanized" Chinese food as far as I'm concerned, because what the locals eat in LA is NOTHING like what we get in Wichita, KS. Some of the buffet items at the restaurant I enjoy visiting are close to what I got in LA, but for the most part, every Chinese restaurant here caters to the American palette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My idea of heaven. Glad you had the opportunity to play and create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping from here on in, your year turns around and brings you all good things Pamela!

    Your photos always make me yearn for a group to play art with regularly- maybe this is the year for me to organize something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, Jackie -- it is such fun. If not mail art specifically, a mixed media art group....and thanks for the good wishes. i am hoping things improve around here...in the meantime "Art Saves Lives".

      Delete
  10. Happy New Year Pamela! My 2018 started rough, too - but hoping it’s just the January blahs and will perk up soon! Love seeing your photos from the mail art get together - I think it’s high time for a mail art day with Patti soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go over to Patti's with you! I am hoping for a DC trip this year......Hope the ew year gets better for both of us.

      Delete
  11. I honored your blog on my Wednesday wonders today! Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...