CappuccinoandArtJournal

Mostly postal but art and other things of interest too.
Come and visit.

Thursday, December 7, 2017

A Public Service

Maybe you need a little bit of inspiration to feel some holiday cheer. I know I do. I am kind of a scrooge anyway and this year is leaving a lot to be desired.
California is burning. Again. And I won't even mention politics.
But, in spite of it all, I still like to look at pretty things -- and I am hoping you do too.

My friend -- who threatened me not to identify her or else -- is a fantastic and creative gift wrapper.
She wrapped ALL these beauties as a fund raiser for my mail art group's holiday party.
They sold for $5 each -- yes, there are surprises inside -- and people were grabbing them up for the beauty of the wrappings.

Who needs Martha Stewart?

My friend's wrapping?.......

Or, Martha's?

Hands down these win.....

Grouchy Cat

My friend should be in a magazine......don't you think?

Who would think to put a blinking, battery operated Xmas light on a gift?

How fun is this one? I think the box was stamped this way but you could get some plain boxes and do the same thing for a mail art lover. I am -- and I am going to add more postage and cancellations because that's just the way I roll.


I bought this one -- and, ahem, a few more....
And, I haven't even opened them yet but they have been shaken and poked.


These are some of mine.....wrapped before I saw all that eye candy....but I kind of like this theme too...I used old book pages.


I just happen to have lots of old book pages to use and that is creative reuse for sure. And once opened, my friends can use the papers for collages.
Want a couple of ideas of things to put inside the beautifully wrapped boxes?

How about a fabulous custom rubber stamp?

2ImpressShop has some fabulous rubber stamps for mail artists. I have three and I want more (hint, hint) Tell Bo I sent you, ok?

I am in love with sari ribbon

Holly is delightful to order from and the sari ribbon is beautiful for wrapping around altered books, adding to altered tags or vintage clips. Tell her I sent you.
I am getting nothing from this -- not selling -- just want to help you out with ideas and promote these two very delightful small businesses...

All packed up and already gone.....a holiday box for my sister....who has ZERO willpower and I have to put THREATS on her gifts and tell her not to open them till Xmas or else.
Santa WILL know.

Another tip -- that I am sure you all must know -- in the US, Flat Rate Priority envelopes come in three sizes and are free at the PO. No matter what you stuff inside and how heavy they are, the rate is fixed and they come with $50 insurance and tracking.
Such a deal.
That's why I could send a friend CANS of Los Palmas enchilada and chili sauce...she is in Virginia and they do not have the fabulous Mexican food we have here.
But they do have grits. And a ribs. I digress...

OK, so I hope this post inspires you to feel FESTIVE. 
I will feel a lot more festive when the fires in CA go out but I am trying....
Send California good thoughts.

SEND GOOD MAIL -- GET GOOD MAIL

32 comments:

  1. I ordered from Holly twice this month! I have 2 stamps from 2impress and want more. LOVE your wrapping and your friends. Looks like such a fun wrapping event. I'm super happy I was on the nice list!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pmarti5 -- you have been very nice all year!! Santa knows.And I see we like the same shops (of course).

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post Pamela, I needed that!
    I love to wrap gifts and have that be a gift in itself,
    now to get some time! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the wrapping. What a fun event that must've been!

    ReplyDelete

  4. WOW. I used to wrap well, but you and your friend have me beat because nowdays I grab for my sewing machine and make a pouch. I may have to use some of my old paper tape to wrap a present or two, because I really like that idea.

    I'm really worried about my friends in CA. I can't believe the devastation that these fires have caused. Please stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth -- I am in Northern CA so not near this fire but the smoke is traveling hundreds of miles up here to SF. Have dear friends down there and I am worrying. Thanks for your concern and good wishes.

      Delete
  5. I love gift wrapping like this and mail art. Thanks for the link to 2Impress...I love what Bo offers. I will be ordering from there pretty soon! Love all this festive inspiration for gift wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie -- Aren't Bo's stamps great? I give my three a good workout!!! Glad you enjoyed the inspiration.

      Delete
  6. What wonderful packages! I wouldn't even want to open them they are so gorgeous! Like Elizabeth, I sew gift bags for most of my gifts, but seeing these is making me re-evaluate that process! Thanks for the link to the sari silk. I placed an order this morning and mentioned your name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to open them either! That sari ribbon is so lovely -- I use it for so many things. Hope you enjoy it. It is great for tags.

      Delete
  7. Fun post! We have lots to wrap here with Chanukah, solstice and Christmas celebrations coming up and these photos inspire. And in my city in Virginia we now have two super big supermarkets for international food. In one area, for a moment, I thought we were in Mexico! We're changing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mim....I still mail her packages of still warm, fresh tortillas......lol

      Delete
  8. Yes, so hard to see what's happening in California. This really has been a rough year all around. Thank you for sharing the beautifully wrapped gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy -- yes, it has been a very rough year--I am trying to distract myself from worrying.

      Delete
  9. Your anonymous friend wrapped some great gifts but I actually prefer your book pages and plan to do that with my small gifts this year. Also going to treat myself some some sari ribbon and maybe even a stamp! Great post, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie -- yay!! Treat yourself for sure -- that sari ribbon will be so useful and it is so pretty and the address stamps from Bo are really cool. Santa can use a little help from us, right? I am glad you like my wrapping....happy holidays.

      Delete
  10. So much eye candy! All better than Martha Stewart.
    The wrappings are a gift by themselves, I would find it hard to open them too (but not too hard, haha, would be very careful though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree -- I put the presents on top of our piano so I can see them -- so pretty. But I do kinda wonder what is inside.....

      Delete
  11. Holy moly!! Yes,yes, tell your friend she needs to be in the business and in magazines! Her wrapping is fantabulous!! Yours is pretty awesome as well Pamela!
    Glad I wasn't there to buy one of those pretty packages, it would have ended up like maybe 6 or 7 pretty packages! heehee
    Great post thanks so much!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie -- I believe I bough six last year.....this year I was trying to be restrained. Glad you like the wrapping and thanks for liking mine too. Really, she should be featured in a magazine -- but I don't think she'd go for it.

      Delete
  12. These are spectacular. I admire the creativity and care that went into these lovely wrappings. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok, the document paper and the measuring tape ribbon.. awesome!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely packages! How could anyone resist? I like yours, too, with the book pages. Might have to steal, I mean, borrow, that idea. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like mine too.....i like them all....but I am kinda easy....

      Delete
  15. I just bought seven colors of sari ribbon; heading over to the rubber stamps now . . . Thanks for the good links, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little Xmas gift for yourself? A very good idea. i love that sari ribbon and I bet you will too -- and the stamps -- oh lala. Which one did you get? Happy Holidays.

      Delete
    2. The stamp people have closed their shop for the holiday, but I'll check it out when it reopens on 1/2!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...