CappuccinoandArtJournal

Mostly postal but art and other things of interest too.
Come and visit.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Postal Fun

Did you miss the mail art meet-up on Sunday? Well, come along for a little visit today...

There were lots -- and lots -- of postage stamps to play with....

A little show-and-tell from my PDXCC pal Karen....


Some of us worked on glue books and here is a page of mine.....the joy of a pile of stamps and a glue stick...

Here is a page from Margarete's glue book....colors and postmarks...

Some made a bird glue book book..

I wish I used that bird carrying the letter stamp in my book...

Rebecca made some postcards

And, Brianna brought in a book she made using vintage envelopes for pages. How cool is that?

Three signatures in Brianna's book...I want to try making one.


And besides postage stamps, there were artistamps for our passports....


I always bring one of my postal zip bags made by my pal Dori to every meeting.


So, that was Sunday afternoon. VERY fun to play with postage stamps with my tribe.
I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon, can you?
SEND GOOD MAIL -- GET GOOD MAIL
& PLAY WITH YOUR POSTAGE STAMPS

16 comments:

  1. So very cool, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those new larger flat rate stickers great? I picked up a few at the PO the last time I went, but I never thought of using them to stamp on.

    You and your friends look like you had a fabulous time and there were SO many postage stamps there, I nearly fell over in stamp heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, SO many postage stamps and so little time......we let people take bunches of stamps home to play with.....

      Delete
  3. That does look like a really fun afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many stamps... be glad I wasn't there, I would have drooled all over them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to create a Pamela-inspired to do list! You always have such great ideas! Your day looks like it was filled with stampilicious fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny! I say, go for it! And tell me what you make.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. That envelope book!!! Need more details on how she made and binded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it -- she made some signatures and sewed them into a spine/cover....

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...