CappuccinoandArtJournal

Mostly postal but art and other things of interest too.
Come and visit.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Just Playin' Around

MY Rolodex card project is rolling right along.
I made these Mr Zip cards -- with unused Zip Code stamps -- because Mr Zip has got to be included in the file.


I got inspired by my favorite set of stamps -- the USPS eight-cent series of postal workers -- and decided to make ten rolodex cards using each of the ten stamps.

I got out my postal supplies and got started....

Ten cards!
Those Rolodex files are BIG so it is going to take a lot of art cards to fill them up, even with the help of you guys....I've got to make cards too.



The backs have to look good too!

Since I was busy making cards, I got inspired to make four Paris ATC's as well.
(like that little Altoids box of heads?)


I made four French ATC's but only photographed two. C'est la vie!

(Photo by Ryan Tamares)
My little stash of stuff at the SF Correspondence co-op meeting....

INCOMING Rolodex Art Card
What have we here? Looks like good mail.

(Photo by Ryan Tamares)
Look at this beauty by Miss Millicent! She sewed up a little Rolodex pouch and tucked a little girl inside. Sweet.

I have been getting some wonderful cards in the mail and many thanks to all of you who have been sending them. I will try to post pictures of all or most of them. I have already been posting them on the 
Cappuccino And Art Facebook page and on Instagram (PamelaArtsinSF).
Check it out!

So, back to the work table -- I've got more cards to make.

SEND GOOD MAIL -- GET GOOD MAIL


20 comments:

  1. I love those old postage stamps! Great idea....good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dori! Do you have any of those stamps? I thought I sent you some.....

      Delete
  2. As soon as I find a vintage Rolodex file, I'll be wanting to swap a few cards with you! What fun! This project kinda reminds me of the old autograph books from years gone by where personal rhymes or drawings were swapped between girlfriends. I always wanted to be a little girl when I grew up....and here I am using watercolors, paste, paper & scissors again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rolodex files are easy to find on eBay and Etsy........hope you get one soon and get busy. Sure -- let's trade cards! And I love what you wrote about "wanting to be a little girl again and play with watercolor,paste & scissors again". You need to make a card using those words!

      Delete
  3. These are just so much fun. I know you said you planned to post less often. Don't do that! (And did you see the new first class American ice cream treats stamps? I don't usually do cute, but these are cool. Maybe I'm salivating because it's almost lunch time on this side of the continent.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank YOU for the Rolodex card -- nice surprise in my mail box. And that is a bigger card sizer that you used than the cards have...but it still fits. I am posting less....but every so often I can't help myself and I do a post like this.....I have seen pictures of those new ice cream stamps but haven't seen them in the flesh -- or, at the PO, yet.

      Delete
  4. You have such a great assortment of inking stamps! Do you remember where you got the Mr. Zip stamps? And, of course, your collection of postage stamps is equally amazing! I've been making lots of those little books from your tutorial in a previous post - so much fun and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cjsrq--I buy a lot of the postal theme stamps and get most of the rest from my beloved Scrap. Also, sometimes I have stamps made up so I can get some unique stamps. I'm so glad that tutorial worked for you and you are making the little books.

      Delete
  5. It's looking great, Pamela! How many cards do you have by now? Love the Mr.ZIP cards with ZIP postage stamp! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie -- haven't counted the cards yet -- still waiting for some to arrive. Two are coming from Russia and in transit right now.

      Delete
    2. great post... and that little pocket with the tiny girl, is darling...

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Cat - I love that little girl inside the pocket too.

      Delete
  6. Where did you get those rubber stamps AND those post office postage stamps? I'm in LOVE. These are all so wonderful and very, very clever.

    I'm working on finding my rolodex cards. Thought I found them a couple of days ago, but they turned out to be index cards.

    You asked if the Spice Merchant had a web site. I apologize and should have included it in my post.

    http://www.spicemerchant.com/ Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I collect postal rubber stamps and find them all over. Some are given to me, some are vintage and some are new.....and I have stamps made as well. I do hope you find your Rolodex cards.....thanks for stopping by!
      And, I am going to check out those spices.

      Delete
  7. What fun are these with Mr. Zip. I haven't forgotten, might even have a go later today. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward, Corrine -- but take your time. It is supposed to be fun!

      Delete
  8. The postal worker stamp Rolodex cards are yummy! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all gorgeous, Pamela! I especially love the mail cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well -- hello! Thanks so much for reading the blog and commenting, Julia. Glad you like the postal cards - my favorites too.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...