CappuccinoandArtJournal

Mostly postal but art and other things of interest too.
Come and visit.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Bits & Bobs

So many people have generously given or mailed me bits of ephemera....a lot of it was sitting on my work table and I challenged myself to use it for mail art....
I had 8x8 decorative paper squares, plain library pockets, pieces of paper from India, some stickers..
(thanks to Harriet, JU, Connie, Monica and Jessica for the ephemera)

First thing I watercolored on the library pockets -- they were just a little too plain...and  after that I rubber stamped on them..

I had some library catalog cards too so I sponged watercolors and stamped those too and typed some lists on them..you gotta put something in those pockets!

I like making little bundles of things to mail off...

I folded up that 8x8 paper into little folders and put letters inside. Tucked them into the library pockets.
I'd like to get this in the mail, wouldn't you?
I tucked everything into envelopes I made from paper I got at the Co-Op's swap table and off it goes to cheer up some mailboxes.

I confess - I had to keep this little cutie for myself. I love the colors and the roses and I think it would be perfect to tuck some stamps into and put in my bag.....

And now I've got to get back to making things....see you....

23 comments:

  1. Great post. I know what you mean about keeping things for yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize some of those goodies! You are amazing and so creative. I enjoy seeing your creations. I must say I often have to fight the temptation to not get intimidated by the great work and the amount you produce each week! I am choosing to be inspired by your work instead. So many ideas, so little time..one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. monicaeeartfulrecrafter -- you are kidding, right? YOU are amazing! Those stamp birthday cards you made are awesome. Wish I could see more posts from you on your blog for eye candy and inspiration.

      Delete
  3. In one word: amazing! I got lots of things too from friends, it is always so nice when I find a use for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TomoyoHime....yes, it is nice to actually use the things we have sitting around, isn't it? And make folks happy in the mail too. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I love me some library pockets! I like how you jazzed these up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I want to get back into doing mail art this summer and I always find your blog inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan -- I highly encourage you to get out the iced tea and make some mail art this summer -- such fun to send and receive good mail. Thank you for the nice comment.

      Delete
  6. I'd have kept that last one also, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds....Leslie......(I was dreaming of that thrift shop with the great books just today....)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! I love library cards and pockets :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. You've definitely been busy! I get to catch up on the blogs I follow when it storms. Yes, it is raining again. Reading posts even when the power fails is a good thing because I don't need power to do read. Hopefully the rain will keep moving west and rain on Cali too.

    So many pretty goodies to inspire and ignite envy! You have mail art genes. :) Do you ever hit a brick wall? My paper morgue spills over into rooms outside my studio now, so I've promised to try mail art again once its orderly. I have an entire summer to try. :)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Limner -- nooo I never really seem to run out of ideas...but some days I am more inspired than other days...i am very envious of your storms and rain. We are as dry as ever but since today is the PRIDE parade here in SF I guess it's good it isn't raining. My studio is in major need of a clean up too but today I am meeting up with a mail art pal who is visiting SF so it will have to happen another day...

      Delete
  9. Your small envelopes are so charming. Always a tiny surprise somehow seems better and more interesting. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you gesso the library card pockets before you put the watercolor on? Do you know where I can get some of the pockets? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon L --nope,didn't gesso (but you could...) just did water colorwash.....I seem to see the library pockets at Scrap (creative re-use center) and sometimes thrift shops....Maybe try ETSY?

      Delete
    2. PS -- I have seen tutorials for actually folding up your own pockets on youTube too...

      Delete
    3. Ack! Here I am again -- I just looked and there are tons of them on ETSY...and not too $$$$ either...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...